ETR: Uncle Al's Rules

Early to Rise
Home    |    Archives    |    Contact    |     Privacy Policy    |     Whitelist Us    |    Unsubscribe

August 24, 2009 - Issue #2752  

A Clever Way to Say Thanks… But No Thanks

Dear ETR Reader -

I just thought of a clever thing you might find useful: an effective way to say "not likely" without hurting someone's feelings.

Tell me what you think of this. I got a note this morning from someone I had met at an ETR Bootcamp.

He wrote to say he'd been having success as a copywriter. "Sorry I haven't been in touch lately," he wrote. "I've been swamped with work. Clients are piling up like old newspapers."

He attached a long draft of a promotion he had just written and asked me to critique it for him. He didn't offer to pay me. He assumed, I suppose, that I have lots of spare time and would like nothing better than to help him boost his career for free.

I didn't want to chastise him for his thoughtlessness. Nor did I want to take on a new charity just because someone had the nerve to ask me to. I was stuck. What could I say to him that would neither commit me to work nor offend him?

Then it came to me. I wrote:

Great to hear from you. Happy about your success. I'm swamped too so I can't say when, if ever, I'll be able to read your promo, but I will put it in my "to read" file today.

Do you see the little trick here?

I said I would do something immediately, that very day – which I did. But what I promised was to put his request in my inbox. I didn't agree to his demand. In fact, I didn't promise to do anything but move his attachment to a "to read" file.

In today's issue:

      • Wealthy: They're Handing Out the Kool-Aid…
      • Healthy: Sweden's Sinful Indulgence
      • Wise: 3 Secrets I Learned from a Blue Collar Renaissance Man


$2.3 Trillion Floats by You Every Year... - Billions of dollars every month... millions every week... go right by you through your phone, TV, computer, and mailbox... The problem is those dollars are invisible. There is a $2.3 trillion dollar industry all around us. You've seen its products and ads, but you probably couldn't put a name to it. The profit opportunities for normal people just like you are enormous and easy to tap into... if you know how to get your "foot in the door."


The U.S. Economy Is Going To Start Growing in September ... but Don't Break Open the Champagne Just Yet

If you are inclined to believe the predictions of economists, expect the country's GDP (gross domestic product) to increase at an annual rate of 2.2 percent between September and the end of this year.

That's the consensus of 50 business economists interviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

GDP was negative 6.4 percent in the first quarter of 2009 and down 1 percent in the second quarter.

The improvement, according to the economists, is expected to come from two things:

1. Trade. Our imports fell faster than our exports.

2. The massive taxpayer-funded stimulus. When you pump trillions of dollars into an economy, it is likely to do a bit of moving.

Is this good news? The folks at Investor's Daily Edge don't think so. "This would be an artificial recovery at best," says IDE's Investment Director Bob Irish. "And the inflationary side effects could be catastrophic."

Become an "Ethical Copycat" - There is no need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to advertising copy. As Charlie Byrne explains in the Internet Money Club program, there is a quick – and totally legal – way to "steal" your competitors' most profitable marketing messages and use it for your own business.


What To Eat With Espresso

Every afternoon at about 5:00 p.m., I head over to Joe's cigar bar to enjoy an espresso, a bottle of water, and a small piece of dark chocolate. My favorite is Swedish dark chocolate.

I've thought of it as a minor health sin. But it turns out I'm doing something very clever. A joint U.S.-Swedish study found that people who had eaten chocolate at least three times a week before having a heart attack had a 66 percent lower risk of mortality afterward.

I've heard about the benefits of dark chocolate before. But these findings are pretty impressive. And, as Total Health Breakthroughs Editor Melanie Segala tells me, Swedish chocolate has a higher percentage of cacao than our dark chocolate. And a high percentage of cacao is what makes dark chocolate more beneficial than milk chocolate.

$440,000 Retrieved from the Lost and Found - A Nebraska family collected a $440,000 estate from a rich uncle they hardly knew in 2008. Thousands of people collected similarly "hidden" cash bonanzas from forgotten bank accounts, utility deposits, old money orders, etc. It's all part of a $36 billion forgotten "cash fund" that federal and state governments are holding, waiting for you to claim your share.


"I thought I just went through business school in 300 pages!"

"I'm a biology major who studied his way to medical school. My last business class was in 6th grade (about ways to save your allowance money).

"When I read Michael Masterson's book, Ready, Fire Aim, I thought I just went through business school in about 300 pages.

"Michael, you've helped me start my business – and I never thought I could pull it off.

"Thank you!"

Koohzad K.
Laguna Hills, CA

***

Uncle Al's Rules: How To Become Your Company's Most Valuable Employee

By Michael Masterson

Today, I'd like to give you a simple, three-part formula that, when followed, will make any ordinary employee into a superstar.

If you are working for somebody else now, you can use it to become your company's most valuable employee. And within six months, here's what you can expect:

  • Your income will increase dramatically.
  • Your job satisfaction will skyrocket. (You'll love coming to work!)
  • Opportunities for career advancement will start flowing to you.
  • Your boss and coworkers will start treating you as someone special -- with admiration and respect.
  • Your sense of job security will soar, knowing that you will never, ever be fired.

If you are a business owner, you can give this article to your employees and expect to see at least one of them quickly begin to work at a much higher level.

Imagine how great it will be when you don't have to be the only person who:

  • Comes up with all the marketing ideas
  • Keeps a concerned eye on expenses
  • Makes all the important deals
  • Keeps the vendors honest
  • Really, really cares about the bottom line

    How does that sound?

Okay. Let me tell you about Uncle Al. Read On...

***

Today's Words That Work: Imperative (im-PARE-uh-tiv)

Something that's imperative -- from the Latin for "to order" -- is urgent, requiring immediate attention. Grammatically speaking, an imperative sentence is one that expresses a command.

Example (as used by Michael Masterson today): "So simple. Three imperative sentences -- the first consisting of two words, the second three words, the third four."

 

Whitelist Our Email    |    Click Here to Unsubscribe |    Customer Service     |    Feed Back

Copyright © 2009 Early to Rise, LLC.

NOTE: If URLs do not appear as live links in your e-mail program, please cut and paste the full URL into the location or address field of your browser. Disclaimer: Early to Rise only recommends products that we've either personally checked out ourselves, or that come from people we know and trust. For doing so, we receive a commission. We will never recommend any product that does not have a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee.


Nothing in this e-mail should be considered personalized Financial Advice. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized Financial Advice. We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in any security recommended to our readers. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation. Any investments recommended in this letter should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

To unsubscribe from Early to Rise and any associated external offers, Click here.

To contact us, please visit... http://www.supportatetr.com/helpdesk To cancel or for any other subscription issues, write us at: Order Processing Center


Attn: Customer Service
PO Box 7835
Delray Beach, Florida 33482

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Inside] Your 6-Figure Audiobook

Enjoy Tax Free Bitcoin Trading with Americans opening Bitcoin IRAs in record numbers!

Why Worldprofit is the Key to earning online not just now -- but for YEARS to come.